Christy’s Top List of Books That Have Stayed with Me in Some way…
12) Green Eggs & Ham—Seuss, come on! Taught me that silly can be great.
11) The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon—not my first Stephen King or last but I still think about this book.
10) Are you there God? It’s me Margaret—I can’t tell you how much I relied on re-reading this book throughout puberty!
9) The Telltale Heart—Poe. That is all.
8) She’s Come Undone—First time I cyber stalked an author. I just couldn’t believe a male author could write a female protagonist so well.
7) Lord of the Flies—Maybe it was because of Mr. Saggio, maybe how appropriate it was reading it in Jr. High. But in hindsight our teacher was leaving us a little clue about growing up & the hierarchy of living in the real world.
6) Me Before You—I have never, never, never cried like I cried reading this book. I still get choked up thinking about it. Supposedly a movie is in the works, can’t imagine Hollywood not fucking up perfection.
5) Game of Thrones—Best audio book ever. Converted me to obsessed with this series & listening to books in general.
4) Lover Awakened—Simply one of the most tortured heroes ever. If Zsadist can try, no reason why I can’t.
3) Jenny and the Cat Club—My obsession with these tails as a kid is what I blame on being a crazy cat lady of the future.
2) Outlander—Perfection. Everything I love in a book & didn’t know at the time! Sci-Fi, Action, Historical Fiction, Romance, Suspense!
1) East of Eden—This book changed my life. I cannot even enumerate the ways. Steinbeck is my favorite author ever.
In your status, list 10-12 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take more than a few minutes and do not think too hard. They do not have to be the “right” books or great works of literature, just ones that have affected you in some way. Tag 10 friends including me so I can see your list…